Students with Dependents

Students with Dependents

Tips on being successful at Mesa (from Parent Cafe student-parents):

  • Planning your day, week, or even month ahead of schedule helps stay on track with assignments and appointments (physical planner, or utilizing Google Calendar)
  • Utilizing on campus resources such as MT2C (Tutoring), The Stand, Career Center, DSPS, and other Student Services offerings.
  • Being in community with family, friends, and classmates such as the Parent Cafe - don't be afraid to make friends!
  • Check in with your counselor - make sure you have a comprehensive ed plan
  • Study Groups!
  • Take advantage of professor office hours!
  • Keep going, continue to try even if things don't go as expected.

Campus Supports


CalWORKs is a public assistance program that provides aid and services to eligible California families that have a child(ren) in the home.


Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) provides support services to single parents who are attending college.

Child Development Center

The Centers operate as instructional programs for students and offer quality educational programming for infants, toddlers, and preschool children.


The Stand, seeks to alleviate basic needs insecurity for our students by providing a safe and secure environment where all students have access to free resources both on campus and in the community.

Community Resources

Family Resource Centers
The Health and Human Services Agency (HHSA) has Family Resource Centers to serve your needs in various locations throughout the County. Not all locations offer service in all programs.

If you have any questions, call Access toll-free at 1-866-262-9881.

COPAA - Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates  If you have questions, please email or

Parent Voices - Affordable Childcare Advocacy Organization
Contact person: Monique Rosas |