Veterans Forms


Submitting Forms

You have two options to submit your forms:

  1. Deliver the documents in person to the Veterans Department in I4-102
  2. Submit documents via secured email at

Submission to any other email may cause delays in the processing of your benefit.

Education Plans

  • Reciept of ALL OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS is required by your second semester at Mesa College in order to have a comprehensive Ed Plan.
    How to submit your transcripts
  • This policy is federal law, and noncompliance may result in the delay of benefits processing, inaccurate academic advisement, or student financial liability in the event of VA auditing discrepancies.

Required Documents for VA Certification

  • Semester Worksheet
  • Statement Understanding
  • CH 33 & CH 31 Deferment Contract
  • A Current Comprehensive Education Plan on File (waived for your first semester ONLY. However, major still needs to be picked and classes need to work toward that major).
  • Can be found be logging into your account.
    • If you are using CH 35, please include your sponsor's SSN on the top right corner.
  • DD-214 (Member-4 Copy, only needed first semester)

Required Documents for Class Changes

  • Use this form to notify the Veterans Services Office of changes to your class schedule in order to update your certification status.

Download Class Adjustment Form 

Primary School Letter (Parent Letter)

  • Use this form if you are concurrently taking classes at another school.
  • Does not include Miramar or City College.
  • Submit course descriptions for all courses that you are requesting approval for.

Download Primary School Letter 

Veteran Non-Resident Form

  • If your home of record is not CA, submit your DD214 and the Veteran non-resident form.
  • If you home of record is CA, submit your DD214 and a CA Drivers License.
  • Please submit paperwork to our Residency Office by checking in at the Admissions Desk or submitting an email to

Download Veteran Non-Resident Form

CAL Vet Fee Waiver Information

This program is offered thru the local County Veterans Service Office.

Learn more about the CAL Vet Fee Waiver Program.

To submit the CAL Vet Fee Waiver:

  1. Submit your Cal Vet Fee Waiver Applications directly to the California Veterans Service Office in your local county. For a full list of offices, please visit County Veterans Service Office.
  2. Once you have the CAL Vet Fee Waiver approval/award letter from the county, please submit it to Mesa’s Financial Aid Department via the online portal or stop by their office with the approval letter printed out.
    Note: The online document submission portal is ONLY for the CAL Vet Fee Waiver Form
    Submit Cal Vet Fee Waiver to Mesa